Thursday, October 16, 2014

Embarking the ship

Wow was this an experience. I knew it would be busy with the change of days and everyone being available, but it was even more than I dreamed. And I don't mean that fondly. 

After a morning of chatting with some friends and family on the free wifi we went down and boarded the bus that would take us to the ship. We got on, it wasn't full and we headed out on our journey. We arrived at the cruise terminal and that's where things got crazy! 

Inside we left our luggage and got in a HUGE queue...doubled back around. We made friends with the British family in line behind us and we were so happ to reach the end it was a point where you sat and waited to go through a screen. Beyond it I expected a security screening and check in desks. 

I was right about what to expect, but I was very wrong about it being just that. Behind this screen was another even longer line...much to everyone's surprise.  So we got in it and kept on standing and creeping along. I do think Princess was doing all they could. They had 30 check in people (so we found out later), I just think the influx was way higher than the outflow. So we waited in a line for about 3 hours to get on the ship. Not near the smooth process we experienced last year. Which was ok, but we were ready to be on the ship. 


We did finally make it and did our muster drill and set sail. Travis and I watched from our balcony. We had a nice sunset and bridge as we departed. We turn took care of some business, one of them getting Internet, and we got some food. I didn't eat much as I thought we'd be on the ship long before we actually ended up getting to our stateroom. It's ok, my tummy is full with some yummy food. 



We arrive in Osaka tomorrow afternoon and our tour has had some changes due to the change in port time. Should be a nice day. Sleeping in and seeing Osaka. 

Either it's our location or the ocean here is a bit rougher, but we feel the motion quite a bit more than we did last year. It's not bad though. 

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment