Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Japanese surprise

I didn't think today had a lot of great things to share since we mainly shopped, but tonight we reluctantly left the hotel (we were tired and worn out) and stumbled on a great surprise. We needed dinner, but most of the places in the hotel, and there are like 10 of them, are very expensive. After getting some information from princess staff for tomorrow they provided a map with a ton of local food places. We decided upon a Japanese pub. 

I had no idea what a Japanese pub was, but I figured we should try. I do think a bit of my Midwestern meat eating self thought that maybe, just maybe it might be like a pub I know. I think that was my subconscious thought. Anywho, it was a wonderful experience! 

Starting we had to remove our shoes and place them in a box that we could lock and take the key. Then try led us to our table. Our table was at floor level with a cut out under it for you feet. So when you enter your individual room you get down on the floor and slide yourself in and under the table. The waitresses kneeled to get your order after you ring a bell to call them. It's really eat. 

We had tofu dumplings, rice, some fried chicken bits and grilled chicken on a stick. And to top it off we had tofu ice cream. Good and interesting, I did not like everything, but I tried most. 

It was just a really fun and different experience!

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment