Monday, October 27, 2014

Nha Trang, Vietnam

  We started Saturday in Nha Trang, which is a little further south from Chan My. Nha Trang is a resort city with a lot of tourists, our guide said they had 3 flights a day to/from Russia. It is located on the coast with beaches galore. This was very different from our visit to Hue which was more impoverished and rural. One thing that remained the same from Chan My is the humidity. 

  In Nha Trang we set out to visit a few different temples. One was a large white Buddha on top of a mountain. It sits like 60 meters high. There were many many steps and while that was difficult with the sun and humidity, the period of time Travis and I had sweat dripping everywhere was at the bottom of this statue. 

  This city was changed when it was a French colony. And the buildings had very different architecture than the Asian cultural buildings. There were Catholic Churches around the city. Very interesting. We spent the rest of the time near the rivers that went out to the sea. There was another temple and we had a stop to have some coconut juice. I can't say I enjoyed the coconut juice, but I enjoyed the experience of having a coconut top cut off and the juice inside. Very different than I've had before. 
Coconut juice 

We also got to walk across a large bridge and take pictures. We saw the pedi cab tour while crossing the bridge. This was a ship tour that each person sat in a pedi cab and went around the city. Looked nice, but the heat and sun would have been a lot for me. 

We ended the day at an other tower and then an embroidery factory which showed the process. It was quite amazing work with beautiful designs. They were absolutely amazing, but a little more than we wanted to spend. 
Cham tower

Embroidery 

I had an unfortunate event in that my SD card in my phone became disconnected, which means I cannot access the images from the first part of the day. I have faith that my pictures aren't gone, just that my phone's ability to access them is gone. I'll have to figure it out when I get home. 

Tomorrow Ho Chi Minh City. 

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment