Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 2 - Providence, RI

Today I got to start my trip out full force getting to see the great city of Providence, RI. This is where Stephanie lives and she sure showed me all the fantastic sights!

  We started downtown (more commonly known as DownCity to the Providence residents) for lunch at the food trucks. I had some yummy food (see picture) and a homemade pudding pop!  We are in a park DownCity and then walked around the downtown some. I got to see Brown University and RISDE too. Then we drove around the city some, where I got to see one of the oldest streets with homes on it built in the mid to late 1700's! Really neat!

  Then we headed south to the Bay to see the water. On the way there we stopped to get Lemonade Icee like things. I got watermelon flavored since I'm not the biggest lemonade lover...the watermelon was very good! We got to the Beach and just chilled out for a while. It was nice.

   Tonight, a friend of Stephanie's made a very good dinner and we watched the Opening Ceremonies! It was very nice to have a home cooked meal since I don't think I'll be having to many of them while traveling.

  The Opening Ceremonies started and I'm glad I was able to watch them. They were good, although I did wonder at times what was going on. I greatly enjoyed the Parade of Nations! I think it's funny...every 2 years I watch an Opening Ceremony and it's always a geography lesson and each time I say "I've never heard of that country". Silly silly!

  I liked the symbolism of the Cauldron and flame. I liked that it united the world's 204 countries together because that's what the Olympics is all about!

  Off to Boston tomorrow, it should be great!

Love

P.S. If there are bad grammer mistakes or sentences that have words that don't make sense, forgive me...I'm writing this all on my phone swype keyboard and I need to get to bed..so no proofing right now. Sorry and thanks.


1 comment:

  1. Jerilyn,
    I saw your post on FB and checked out your blog. How organized you have been for this trip!!! Have a great time, I look forward to seeing pictures from the events and London. I've always wanted to go to England, the history would be fantastic! Maybe some day.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete